In my first week of Whole30, I found this recipe for Jalapeño Popper Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes by Brittany of @SmithFamilyKitchen and tweaked it a bit to fit what I had in my kitchen. And let me tell you, it was delish and so quick and easy.
My plate looks like a complete mess but it was so good.
- I only used two chicken tenderloins since I was the only one eating it. I seasoned them with sea salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder to keep the flavor.
- I don’t have any compliant mayo so I subbed an avocado instead. I spritzed with lime so that way I could have leftovers tomorrow without the avocado being too brown. I had the leftovers the next day on cauliflower rice and lettuce.
- I also forgot to get a red onion at the store this week so I just used a white one.
- Added Trader Joe’s “Salsa Autentica” as a topping.
- I didn’t do this, but I would add more bacon next time. It brought out a good flavor and I love jalapeño poppers. Without the cheese I wanted more bacon!
See below for my step by step meal. I kept the seeds in so it would spice up the dish. I like spicy foods.