It seems like every weekend night is pizza night for my husband and I. We love it. Basically pizza of any kind, we’re NOT picky. Like we had it every night for dinner this past weekend. LOL. I told you we LOVE pizza.
Anyway, sometimes, it makes me feel a little bleh because of all the crust. So my mom shared this recipe with me for low carb pizza, and it’s pretty spectacular, if I do say so myself. It’s super easy.
Here are all the ingredients you need/want:
- Toppings of choice (mine are: pepperonis / jalapeños)
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella (said in an accent like Giada)
- LOW CARB TORTILLAS
Anyway, once you have all these toppings, it’s pretty self explanatory-just assemble as you would a pizza. But here are the steps for my friends who like lists (like I do).
- I use a cookie sheet and put aluminum foil on top.
- Then I place the tortilla on it and spread the pizza sauce all around.
- Next comes the cheese. Really load it up because this is a personal pizza and I personally love cheese.
- Then add whatever toppings you want.
Here’s what mine looked like pre-baking:
Pretty delish, right?
And then, I settled in on the couch for about 15-20 minutes while it cooked at 350 degrees fahrenheit (I’m going to be honest and let you know I had to use spellcheck with fahrenheit… thank you technology!). And voila, the finished product:
Pictured with my beverage of choice (Fresca!) and my chips of choice (the russet brown UTZ chips that I can only seem to find down south).
Also, I got this cool pumpkin jar at Walmart for $5 bucks, which was awesome. I don’t like candy corn but my husband does, and when your spouse is in med school, it’s the little things that can make his days a little better.